Sunday, December 04, 2005

Collecting the Patterns

I am knitting a little here and there and sticking to the most simple patterns. So when I saw this I knew it was for me.

The Blue Blog, Patterns with Beginner Scarves shows the best little scarves to make with no training. Great for introducing children and hesitant adults to knitting.

Here is the site to learn about socks! My daughter wants to make a pair of socks. I think it is too difficult.

I've already made a couple of scarves getting ready for this Christmas. My daughter is knitting some too. Since the nubbly wool is all the rage and you can use large needles, size 10, mostly, it takes no time at all.

I knit a trangle scarf from a shimmery blue green shiny ribbon stuff and dropped a few stitches near the end when I was unpicking my casting off. Too early I decided. The dropped stitches unraveled down several rows and across. This shiny yarn doesn't catch at all. I had to unravel the whole scarf and start over. Amazingly it only took a couple of days to reknit. Since I only knit about one hour a day that is not much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home