Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wooden Needles

I can't believe I have never used wooden needles before. Today I bought some at Urban Yarns in Vancouver. There was an array of different types but I bought the least expensive ones. They are made by the River John Needle Company in Nova Scotia and only cost $10.95. I love how they feel.

I wanted to try out some other needles for our knitting group so I went to A Touch of Wool on Dunbar and bought some short plastic ones of different colours. They were a bit less expensive than the wooden ones. The main thing was that I checked to see that the ends are pointy enough. I have one pair of needles at home that are not pointy and it is very difficult to knit with them. I don't want sharp points but very blunt or dull points are impossible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

A while ago I happened upon one of my greatest thrifting find ever... a huge tin of knitting needles and crochet hooks behind the cash register of the local Sally Ann. Haven't bought new needles since! At 50 cents a pair... Woohoo!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home